Happy fall! It’s hard to believe we are in fall already. This is my favorite season, so I enjoy the beauty of the season
Let’s get fired up this month and get ready to make some SIGNIFICANT progress on our goals. Are you with me?
I have a very simple mindset idea for you today. It can make the difference between feeling overwhelmed vs. at-ease when it comes to building healthy new habits.
What if instead of trying to toss your old, not-so-great habits (i.e., snacking on candy during the afternoon, grabbing that bagel for breakfast, etc.) or completely overhaul your lifestyle, you focused on UPGRADING your existing habits?
By that I mean, trade “up” in your choices.
This shift in your thinking – and your actions! – makes change a lot easier. That’s because you aren’t trying to “undo” something.
Rather than feeling deprived, it will feel like you’re treating yourself (because you are – and your body will appreciate it!).
Here are some examples of what I’m talking about.
- If you normally eat a muffin for breakfast, upgrade it to a sprouted-grain bread topped with almond butter and natural strawberry preserves.
- If you scroll social media during work or lunch breaks, you could upgrade that by heading outside to take a walk instead.
- A cookie can be upgraded for a cup of your favorite fruit.
- Try a grass-fed beef burger instead of hitting the drive-through.
- A sandwich at lunch can become a chopped salad (seriously, have you ever had a chopped salad? Deliciousness in every bite.).
Your assignment: think of at least one habit you’d like to upgrade (get more exercise, eat more veggies, etc.). Then, think about your current actions and what you’re going to “upgrade’ it to going forward.
What’s ONE upgrade you’re going to commit to during the coming month of October?
Just hit the reply button and let me know what one habit you are upgrading in October.
Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- 2 cups (480ml) unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/4 cup (60g) pumpkin purée
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan, stirring to combine. Whisk over low heat until heated through. Transfer the mixture to a glass bowl and let cool either on the counter or in the refrigerator. Whisk the mixture to reincorporate the spices. Pour the mixture into a glass jar and cover. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To your radiant health, with love