We are conditioned to rely on prescriptions the moment we become ill, (not necessarily for health, but mostly for diseases) as some chemicals, drugs with different compounds. We get caught in this mentality of always trying to “fix” something like we are broken. But as we know, “fixing the problem” with chemicals (aka prescription medications) won’t improve our health, since we are not addressing the root cause.
Let’s see a different approach.
Here are the three basic steps I have learned in my functional medicine school.
- Maximize: put in what the body needs to function and heal: oxygen, water, proteins, carbohydrates, healthy fats. Vitamins, minerals, antioxidants.
- Minimize: take out what is harmful; toxins, infections, allergies, stress, trauma.
- Prioritize: create an environment for healing; sleep, rest, laughter, exercise, stretching, breathing and meaningful relationships.
If we are focusing on step 2 which is Minimize….the first thing to notice is to take away what is harmful and one of them are toxic chemicals. It makes so much sense!! Right? Before starting with one prescription drug to end up with five later, lets first remove the harmful stuff and then and only then use the medication if needed.
The Detoxification Process
How to remove the “harmful stuff”? It’s simple, by supporting the body’s natural detoxification processes.
Before I get into that, let’s make a conscious choice to minimize the exposure. Shall we? With a few simple steps, we can make a huge difference.
Here are some simple steps:
- Instead for reaching to the next plastic water bottle, why don’t you switch to a glass one or stainless steel? You will save money, protect your health (lowering the toxic exposure), and do something great for our beautiful planet Earth (just think of plastic waste for a moment)
- Instead of plastic containers, Styrofoam cups use glass and carry your own coffee mug. Did you know for plastic and Styrofoam takes 500+ years to degrade? Maybe recycling them would be the second-best decision. The first best decision is not to use them.
- Instead of so great smelling laundry and kitchen soaps (but with bad ingredients), we should switch to a simple one with cleaner ingredients.
- Instead of deodorants and antiperspirants that are loaded with Aluminum, Parabens, Phthalates we could switch to more natural ones, including essential oils (for example). Same for perfumes. If you use them, do it sparingly.
- Maybe instead of burning candles (most of them are toxic) opening the window or diffusing an essential oil would be a better idea.
- Last, but not least cleaning up our diet. Eating organic as much as possible or at least close to organic (EWG’s Clean Fifteen and Dirty Dozen List come very helpful). Avoid junk, prepackaged food loaded with chemicals.
Maybe this seems very overwhelming to you. Trust me, it’s not. It’s much easier to do all these changes than you think.
Would you like to know more about it? Join our webinar where I will be talking about different ways to minimize plastic and other chemical exposures, their effect on health and how to remove them from our precious bodies.
JOIN ME for an informative webinar you won’t want to miss. Here’s more info about:
WARM LEMON WATER WITH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Try this in the morning before you drink your morning coffee or tea. It helps the detoxification, alkalizes the body, gets the digestive juices flowing and rehydrates the body.
Glass of warm water
Juice of a lemon
1-2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
To your radiant health, with love,