Its October already but temperatures here in Western PA are still in mid-eighties.
October is breast cancer awareness month when pink ribbons, pink ponies, pink hairs and bumper stickers are showing up daily. Everyone is talking about early detection. Which is great!!! Don’t get me wrong. Early detection means a better outcome. The problem that makes me so upset is that almost no one is talking about PREVENTION.
So maybe instead of early detection, we should start even a stronger campaign about REAL PREVENTION.!!
Ladies, we know cancer is an amazing money-making machine. It brings billions to the table. Everyone will benefit from it. Hospitals, will create new jobs, medical sales, biotech companies, not to mention drug manufacturers, hospices etc…who is hurting in this process? US!!! Yes, us ladies.
So here is what I am thinking. Maybe, just maybe the companies who promote those pink ribbons and pink whatever should clean up their products focusing more on PREVENTION. We know their products are filled with cancer-promoting ingredients such as mineral oils, phthalates, mica, talc, parabens, petroleum derivatives, just to name a few.
This is my big pet peeves ladies!!!!
Let’s talk about some prevention because I care about you and our sisters.
Here are a few steps to help you with breast cancer (and cancer in general) prevention.
- Clean up your diet (don’t ingest chemicals). Our body thrives on whole food, that comes from nature, the way God created it. Don’t buy packaged food, fast food, and toxin-laden food.
- Clean up your skincare and makeup. Be mindful of deodorants and antiperspirants. Use aluminum and paraben-free.
- Pay attention to your bras. Whenever possible go bra-less (at home), if you can (and is culturally acceptable) exercise braless or at least wear a loose fitting sports bra. Our boobs need to move in order to drain toxins (including carcinogens). Hop on a trampoline and jump for a couple of minutes to stimulates lymph drainage including from your breast. Try to do it without wearing a bra. Your boobs will thank you for that. A bra will compress breasts and block the lymph drainage so the toxic materials will stay longer in contact. Don’t wear bras with the metal wire (they can be irradiated). Choose cotton bras (if possible white, organic).
- Eliminate or at least minimize plastic. Don’t fall for BPA free labels. BPA free contains BPS and BPF that are even worse than BPA (BPA stands for Bisphenol A, BPF is Bisphenol S and BPF is Bisphenol F). Did you know that BPA was isolated from breast cancer cells? Never heat your food in plastic containers (microwave) or freeze your drinks. High and low temperatures will cause bisphenols to leach into your food and water because they are unstable at low and high temperatures. Use stainless steel or glass bottles for your water. Don’t waste your money on bottled water. The quality of the water is poor, you don’t know how much chemical is being released into that water. If you want quality water, invest in a good filtration system. That will be a worthwhile investment.
- Move your body. Yes, we need movement. Our bodies thrive on movement. Find an exercise you like, it’s fun for you and do it. Movement helps with everything. Moving lymph, moving toxins, helps with regularity, builds your immune system, helps with better sleep, etc.
- Manage stress. Chronic stress will lower immune function and make us susceptible to many diseases.
- Have a healthy 7-8 hour sleep.
- Restore your gut health and microbiome. We want to have a strong immune system that will fight against cancer cells. About 80% of our immune system resides in our gut.
- Check your breasts regularly. If you are noticing any change don’t panic, but visit your doctor to check them out.
- And the last but not least one of the best cancer-preventing activities, that won’t cost you a dime is There are so many benefits of fasting that simply we can’t afford to do it.
Fasting activates autophagy (the cleaning process, when we remove damaged cells, cell parts, etc.), cancer cells hate not having food and will leave. As we know cancer cells thrive on sugar, so eliminating sugar is one of the first steps every cancer patient should be doing!!! Besides fasting the KETOGENIC DIET is also very useful for cancer patients because cancer cells can’t use ketones.
I hope ladies this will be helpful to you. Please share this information with your daughters, sisters, friends, nieces. They need to hear this information!!!
If you are a survivor or undergoing treatment or have breast cancer in your family, hit reply to this email. I would like to talk to you. I am paying it forward and gifting you with a free consultation. Let’s talk.
Berry Yogurt Smoothie
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk (carrageenan free)
- 2 tsp ground chia seeds
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 orange, peeled and broken into segments
- 1 portion unsweetened, unflavoured protein powder of choice
- Non-chlorinated water to adjust consistency, if needed
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass and serve.
To your radiant health, with love